Whether you are a graphic designer, a small business owner, or even just a customer, you’ve likely heard terms such as “image resolution” and “DPI” when discussing logo concepts, ad development, or anything else related to graphic design. You know, or are told, that such terms are very important, but if you don’t understand what they mean or why they matter, it can hinder not only your ability to work with a client or a designer, but also the success of your ad campaign and other business goals. Continue reading “The What, When and Why of Digital Image Resolution”
If you’re like most graphic designers, there comes a time when you will need to resort to cutting an image away from a background. While there several different tools you can use to do this within Photoshop, the magic wand tool is one of my favorites–and generally also one of the Continue reading “Perfecting the Magic Wand Tool in Photoshop CC”
I graduated from college with a Bachelors degree in Graphic Design almost 4 years ago. I was hired into my field just a few months after graduation, and in that time, I’ve learned a great deal about the industry and the process of design that nobody ever told me in college. Continue reading “10 Things No One Told Me About Being a Graphic Designer”
Interested in buying photos via our online galleries? Here are some quick tips to help you find and order your photos!
- Our online galleries are searchable by your exhibitor number. Simply select your event (SOEE, NYSQHA, etc.) and then on the following page, type your number into the search box in the upper right hand corner of the page and ALL photos tagged with your number will be displayed! If you can’t find your photos this way, it is possible we couldn’t see your number when we tagged the photos. Try typing “unknown” instead.
- You can also search for things like “dog,” “judge,” and “leadline,” among others. While we do not use every tag at every show, if you are searching for something in particular, it is worth giving it a go!
Trying to order a Create Your Own CD? The following tutorial should help you out.
- Select your event (SOEE, NYSQHA, etc.)
- Select “Digital CDs” from the product list at the top of the gallery.
- Choose your preferred CD option (Facebook, Medium Res, or High Res) and add it to your cart.
- Return to the event page and select a gallery or photo.
- Once you are viewing an enlarged photo, click “Buy This Image” and a new menu will appear.
- Select “Add to CD” at the top and change the QTY to the number 1 (you only want 1 copy of that image on the CD).
- Our Facebook and Medium Resolution CDs allow up to 20 photos. High Resolution CDs allow up to 10 photos. Continue through your photos and repeating steps 5 & 6 until you have reached the maximum quantity of images. It will alert you if you have reached the limit.
- Click on your “Cart” icon in the upper right to view your list of images and check out! The arrow in the following screenshot is a count of how many images you have used of the allowed 20.
In an attempt to give back to the communities that have allowed us the opportunity to grow, Cinderhawk Creative offers free photography to non-profit equine and canine rescue organizations located within 50 miles of Warnerville, NY. We understand that most of these organizations operate solely on donations and that many may be otherwise unable to afford the quality photography we can provide. We believe that having superior photographs of an animal available to potential adopters is critical. These photos can be captured in a way that highlights the most important aspects of each animal’s individual personality and makes them more likely to be adopted.
If your organization is in need of our services, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Your needs are as important to us as they are to you!