Every designer wants to be able to work faster, as time is valuable. Check out our 5 quick tips to help speed up your design process.
1. Save often-used graphics rather than recreating them
If you’re making a series of 12 Christmas cards, do you really Continue reading “5 Methods to Speed Up Your Design Process”
If you are a graphic designer in today’s market, you’ve made your fair share of mistakes. Our jobs are becoming more demanding every day, as we are regularly required to multitask and handle multiple projects with very tight deadlines. Hopefully, though, as you progress and grow Continue reading “7 Common Mistakes New Graphic Designers Make”
If you’re like most graphic designers, there comes a time when you will need to resort to cutting an image away from a background. While there several different tools you can use to do this within Photoshop, the magic wand tool is one of my favorites–and generally also one of the Continue reading “Perfecting the Magic Wand Tool in Photoshop CC”
Hey there fellow designers! Are you looking for a quick and easy way to jazz up that logo you just finished, but aren’t sure what you can really do to help it? Look no further! The following tutorial will allow you to add a subtle but classy gloss effect to any text (or object!) in just a few simple steps. Please note that this tutorial assumes you know the basics of Adobe Illustrator, but if you have any questions, feel free to comment and I will be more than happy to help you out! Continue reading “Tutorial: Create a simple glossy text effect in Illustrator”
Interested in buying photos via our online galleries? Here are some quick tips to help you find and order your photos!
- Our online galleries are searchable by your exhibitor number. Simply select your event (SOEE, NYSQHA, etc.) and then on the following page, type your number into the search box in the upper right hand corner of the page and ALL photos tagged with your number will be displayed! If you can’t find your photos this way, it is possible we couldn’t see your number when we tagged the photos. Try typing “unknown” instead.
- You can also search for things like “dog,” “judge,” and “leadline,” among others. While we do not use every tag at every show, if you are searching for something in particular, it is worth giving it a go!
Trying to order a Create Your Own CD? The following tutorial should help you out.
- Select your event (SOEE, NYSQHA, etc.)
- Select “Digital CDs” from the product list at the top of the gallery.
- Choose your preferred CD option (Facebook, Medium Res, or High Res) and add it to your cart.
- Return to the event page and select a gallery or photo.
- Once you are viewing an enlarged photo, click “Buy This Image” and a new menu will appear.
- Select “Add to CD” at the top and change the QTY to the number 1 (you only want 1 copy of that image on the CD).
- Our Facebook and Medium Resolution CDs allow up to 20 photos. High Resolution CDs allow up to 10 photos. Continue through your photos and repeating steps 5 & 6 until you have reached the maximum quantity of images. It will alert you if you have reached the limit.
- Click on your “Cart” icon in the upper right to view your list of images and check out! The arrow in the following screenshot is a count of how many images you have used of the allowed 20.